2017 Petite Sirah
The Mettler 2017 Petite Sirah exudes elegance and grace. True to its varietal heritage, the color is opaque and deep purple. Soft aromas of dark berries, plum and oak are sultry and inviting. As it unfolds on the palate, it delivers a beautiful swirl of intense and concentrated fruit flavors with notes of blueberry, plum, violet and dark honey. Well-integrated tannins create a bold backdrop for the beautifully lush texture, and carry the flavors through the lingering finish.
The Mettler family heritage honors over 100 years and five generations of farming in Lodi with the release of our exceptional Petite Sirah. The size of the crop, the time spent on the vine, and the many months aged in French oak barrels all reflect the care our family took to fully express the potential of this very small and unique portion of our vineyards.
The Lodi micro-climate is a true Mediterranean climate—excellent for growing Petite Sirah. The high daytime temperatures are tempered by Delta breezes which flow through the area in the evenings and cool down the fruit dramatically. The vineyards for the Mettler Petite Sirah are grown in the Mokelumne River sub-appellation. This is the historical center of the Lodi wine region and where most of the Mettler Vineyards are planted. Referred to by some as “Old Lodi” and is known for its well-drained, sandy soils. Our vineyards are certified through the Lodi Rules for sustainable winegrowing.
- 92 Points "Full-bodied and nicely filled out with seductive flavors." - Wine Enthusiast (April 2020)
- 92 Points "Everything that Petite Sirah lovers pine for!" - Rich Cook, Wine Review Online (January 2020)
- Gold Medal - 2020 Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo
- 91 Points - Gold Medal - 2020 Monterey Int'l Wine Competition
- 90 Points "Tremendous fruit & excellent focus." - Wilfred Wong, Wine.com