2017 Cabernet Sauvignon
Our 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon shows off a deep garnet color. It opens with inviting aromas of dark cherry, toast, cedar and nutmeg. The delightful blend of dark cherry and plum flavors are fresh with a whisper of vanilla. A soft and velvety mid-palate features moderate tannins and just the right amount of lifted acidity, and the long finish is reminiscent of a fine Bordeaux. This elegant and poised Cabernet is accessible now, and its structure and complexity will see it through many years of aging.
The Mettler family heritage honors over 100 years and five generations of farming in Lodi with the release of this exceptional Cabernet Sauvignon. The size of the crop, the time spent on the vine, and the many months aged in French oak barrels all reflect the care our family took to fully express the potential of our estate vineyards.
The grapes for this wine came our estate vineyards and grown in three Lodi sub-appellations: Jahant—Cool and dry with pink Rocklin-Jahant loam. (146 acres of Cabernet, Clone 7);
Clements Hills—Warmer and wetter with rolling hills and cliffs. (14 acres of Cabernet, Clones 15 and 191); Mokelumne River—historical center of Lodi with sandy soils. (77 acres of Cabernet, Clones 337, 412, 338, 7). For each vineyard, the planting and trellis system were customized for the vineyard site. Our vineyards are certified through the Lodi Rules for sustainable winegrowing.
- 92 Points "Fresh, dense and generous. Bright plum and spice, juicy and long." - Anthony Dias Blue (March 2020)
- 94 Points - Platinum Medal - 2020 Monterey Int'l Wine Competition
- 93 Points - Gold Medal - 2020 San Diego Wine Challenge
- 91 Points "Full-bodied with fresh mouth-filling fruit with a big, broad jammy appeal." - Wine Enthusiast (March 2020)
- 91 Points "Love it!" - Rich Cook, WineReviewOnline
- 91 Points "A joy on the palate!" - Wilfred Wong, Wine.com
- 91 Points "Very Good!" - Ken's Wine Guide
Appellation | Lodi
Total Acidity | 0.63 g/100ml
Total pH | 3.69
Alcohol | 14.5%
Cases Produced | 5,308
Winemaker | Adam Mettler
Wine Information Sheet