August 3, 2017
A spicy twist on a game-day favorite! These sliders have enough flavor and spice to stand up to our hearty Old Vine "Epicenter" Zinfandel. Go team!
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lb Spicy Italian bulk sausage
- 12 Slices of Havarti Cheese
- 12 Parker House rolls or Hawaiian sweet rolls split
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sauté yellow onion in olive oil until caramelized, set aside.
- Split sausage into ½ inch thick patties. Broil them on a broiler proof rimmed baking sheet and cook through, 5 minutes per side. Once you flip them add cheese and cook until bubbly.
- Assemble the patties with the cheese, and the onions on the rolls to create the sliders. Enjoy with a glass of 2013 Mettler “Epicenter'' Old Vine Zinfandel.