Chocolate-Cherry Ice Cream Bon Bons
August 3, 2017
A sweet treat that the whole family will enjoy or to share with your Valentine! The classic marriage of chocolate and cherry brings out the bright berry flavors of our Mettler Zinfandel.
- 1/2 Gallon vanilla ice cream
- 12 Chocolate cherry covered candies
- 2 tbsps Corn syrup
- 12 ozs Package of semi sweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup Shortening
- 3 ozs White Chocolate
- Soften ice cream slightly. With a ice cream scoop take out ice cream in large balls.
- Before removing from scoop place a candy chocolate covered cherry in the center and put the ice cream all around the candy. Place on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper and put into the freezer. Repeat until all the candy has been done and freeze for 2 hours or overnight.
- In a saucepan make your chocolate sauce by heating on low the corn syrup, shortening, and semi-sweet chocolate, stirring until melted and smooth. Remove from heat.
- Retrieve the ice cream balls from the freezer and place one on a fork and put over saucepan with the chocolate sauce. Take a large spoon and spoon chocolate sauce over the ice cream balls. Repeat until finished with all the ice cream balls. Return them to the freezer.
- In another saucepan melt 2 tablespoons shortening and white chocolate over low heat until blended and smooth.
- Remove ice cream balls from freezer and set on counter. Take a spoon and dip into the white chocolate and with a waving motion drizzle the white chocolate over the ice cream balls. Return to freezer.
- To serve remove from freezer about 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with Mettler Epicenter Zinfandel. Makes 12 bon-bons