Wine Club Frequently Asked Questions
What is the fee to join your club?
- There is no initial membership fee. However, we do require a minimum 1 year (4 shipments) commitment. Cancellation prior to fulfilling this requirement will result in a $50 early cancellation fee.
How do our benefits work? When do they begin?
- Club benefits start immediately upon sign-up.
Can I change my club level? How do I do that?
- You may change club levels at any time by calling us at at 209-369-3045 or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
What is the cancellation policy?
- After 1 year (4 shipments) have been received you may cancel without penalty. Cancellations must be made in writing at least 30 days prior to the next shipment to email@example.com
Can I change the wines in my club shipment?
- You can change most featured wines in your club shipment as long as the total number of bottles required by your membership level is met (for example, the User Choice Case Club requires 12 bottles per shipment).
- If you would like to change wines in your club shipment, you may customize your wines on-line under your wine club account or you may contact the Wine Club team at least one week prior to the next shipment.
Can I add products to my club shipment? If so, do I have to pay extra for shipping?
- If you would like additional wines included in your club shipment, you may add whichever bottles you wish. Your flat rate shipping applies from 3-12 bottles.
Can I delay my wine club shipment?
- Delaying requests should be made at least one week prior to shipment processing. Delayed orders will still processed on schedule but a future ship date will be placed on your order.
- Shipments can only be delayed up to 45 days beyond scheduled shipment date. Delay requests should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
I am a pick-up member, when can I collect my wine club allocations?
- You can pick-up your wines the weekend after your order has been processed. Any order not picked up within 45 days will be automatically shipped to the address on file and applicable shipping charges will be charged to the card on file.
- Contact the Wine Club team prior to processing if you need to change your shipping status.
- Contact us at: 209-369-3045 or at email@example.com
I am a shipping member, what address should I use to ship my wine club allocation?
- All wine shipments require an adult (21+ years) signature upon delivery. We strongly suggest that wine club orders use a business address for shipping for several reasons:
- An adult (over 21 years old) will typically be available during normal business hours to sign
- UPS and FedEx typically deliver to business addresses first thing in the morning versus residential locations in the afternoon. Additional time on delivery trucks can expose wines to temperature fluctuations for hours.
How will I know when my wines ship?
- Mettler Family Vineyards sends out order and shipping notifications to the club member’s email address on file before any shipment leaves our warehouse. If you would like to receive text message notifications please be sure you have a mobile number on file with us.
What happens to my shipment if I am not available to sign for it?
- FEDEX will make three attempts to deliver your package. Following the third attempt, your order will be held at the nearest FEDEX facility available for pick up, for five business days.
What happens to my shipment if I am not available to pick it up at a FEDEX facility?
- If it is not picked up, FEDEX will send it back to Mettler Family Vineyards at the wine club member’s expense. Upon arrival back at the winery, Wine Club personnel will contact you for an updated address.
- Please note that after the first delivery attempt has been made, Mettler Family Vineyards can no longer take responsibility for damaged products.
What happens if you ship out my club offering, and I realize you have the wrong shipping address?
- Once a shipment has gone out, if it is early enough, the Wine Club Manager can contact FEDEX to intercept your shipment and re-route it to the new address for a charge of $15 (additional re-ship fees may apply). Notification to re-route any wine club shipment is required within 24 hours of shipment.
- Contact us at 209-369-3045 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Why do you need my email address?
We require your email upon sign-up for a few reasons:
- Your email is your unique wine club identifier.
- Your email address is used to verify your address prior to your shipments.
- FEDEX will email you your tracking number once your package has been shipped.
- We will notify you of all club member events and special offers via email.
- We will never sell, rent, or trade your email address.
- There is no initial membership fee, and you are only paying for your shipment cost each quarter
- Shipments are issued quarterly in February, May, August, and November.
- Club membership is ongoing and must be cancelled in writing at least 30 days prior to the next shipment.
- Club members agree to receive 4 shipments (1 year) or an early cancellation fee of $50 will be charged.
- We hold the right to change or cancel your membership at any time.
- Benefits are not transferable. Members must be present at the time of a visit for guests to receive complimentary tastings.
- Club allocations not picked up within 45 days of release will be automatically shipped to the address on file. In such instance, applicable shipping costs will be charged to the card on file.
- Wine shipments are void where prohibited and taxes will be applied by the member’s local state laws.
- Orders must be signed for by an adult and cannot be shipped to a post office box.
- Mettler Family Vineyards will not be responsible for shipping charges incurred due to misdirected, returned, or reshipped wines.
- Changes or package delay requests must be given at least one week prior to shipment.
Notifications & Communication
- Mettler Family Vineyards’ main form of communication with members is through email. We do not sell, lease, or rent customer information.
- It is the member’s responsibility to notify us of any changes to account information.
- Notification of shipments will be sent at least one week prior to charging the card on file.