Wine Club Frequently Asked Questions
What is the fee to join your club?
- There is no initial membership fee. However, we do require a minimum 1 year commitment or the equivilent of 4 shipments for the bottle club and 3 shipments received for the case club. Cancellation prior to fulfilling this requirement will result in a $50 early cancellation fee.
How do our benefits work? When do they begin?
- Club benefits start immediately upon sign-up.
Can I change my club level? How do I do that?
- You may change club levels at any time by calling us at at 209-369-3045 or by e-mailing email@example.com
What is the cancellation policy?
- Once your commitment has been met you are able to cancel without penalty. Cancellations must be made in writing at least 30 days prior to the next shipment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I change the wines in my club shipment?
- You can change most featured wines in your club shipment as long as the total number of bottles required by your membership level is met (for example, the User Choice Case Club requires 12 bottles per shipment).
- If you would like to change wines in your club shipment, you may customize your wines on-line under your wine club account or you may contact the Wine Club team at least one week prior to the next shipment.
Can I add products to my club shipment? If so, do I have to pay extra for shipping?
- If you would like additional wines included in your club shipment, you may add whichever bottles you wish. Your flat rate shipping applies from 3-12 bottles per order. If you would like to have older club packs shipped it will result in a seperate $15 shipping fee since they are a seperate order number.
Can I delay my wine club shipment?
- Delay requests should be made at least one week prior to shipment processing. Delayed orders will still be processed on schedule but a future ship date will be placed on your order.
- Shipments can only be delayed up to 45 days beyond scheduled shipment date. Delay requests should be sent to: email@example.com.
I am a pick-up member, when can I collect my wine club allocations?
- You can pick-up your wines starting on the Thursday after your order has been processed. Any order not picked up within 30 days will be put back into inventory. If you choose to retrieve an old club pack you will receive our current vintages.
- Contact the Wine Club team prior to processing if you need to change your shipping status.
- Contact us at: 209-369-3045 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
I am a shipping member, what address should I use to ship my wine club allocation?
- All wine shipments require an adult (21+ years) signature upon delivery. We strongly suggest that wine club orders use a business address for shipping for several reasons:
- An adult (over 21 years old) will typically be available during normal business hours to sign
- UPS typically delivers to business addresses first thing in the morning versus residential locations in the afternoon. Additional time on delivery trucks can expose wines to temperature fluctuations for hours.
How will I know when my wines ship?
- Mettler Family Vineyards sends out order and shipping notifications to the club member’s email address on file before any shipment leaves our warehouse. If you would like to receive text message notifications please be sure you have a mobile number on file with us.
What happens to my shipment if I am not available to sign for it?
- UPS GROUND will make three attempts to deliver your package. Following the third attempt, your order will be held at the nearest UPS facility available for pick up, for five business days.
What happens to my shipment if I am not available to pick it up at a UPS facility?
- If it is not picked up, UPS will send it back to Mettler Family Vineyards at the wine club member’s expense. Upon arrival back at the winery, Wine Club personnel will contact you for an updated address.
- Please note that after the first delivery attempt has been made, Mettler Family Vineyards can no longer take responsibility for damaged products.
What happens if you ship out my club offering, and I realize you have the wrong shipping address?
- Once a shipment has gone out, if it is early enough, the Wine Club Manager can contact UPS to intercept your shipment and re-route it to the new address for a charge of $15 (additional re-ship fees may apply). Notification to re-route any wine club shipment is required within 24 hours of shipment.
- Contact us at 209-369-3045 or email@example.com
Why do you need my email address?
We require your email upon sign-up for a few reasons:
- Your email is your unique wine club identifier.
- Your email address is used to verify your address prior to your shipments.
- UPS will email you your tracking number once your package has been shipped.
- We will notify you of all club member events and special offers via email.
- We will never sell, rent, or trade your email address.
- There is no initial membership fee, and you are only paying for your shipment cost each quarter
- Shipments are issued quarterly in February, May, August, and November.
- Club membership is ongoing and must be cancelled in writing at least 30 days prior to the next shipment.
- Club members agree to receive 4 shipments (1 year) for bottle club and 3 shipments per year for case club or an early cancellation fee of $50 will be charged.
- We hold the right to change or cancel your membership at any time.
- Benefits are not transferable. Members must be present at the time of a visit for guests to receive complimentary tastings.
- Wine shipments are void where prohibited and taxes will be applied by the member’s local state laws.
- Orders must be signed for by an adult 21 years of age and cannot be shipped to a post office box.
- Mettler Family Vineyards will not be responsible for shipping charges incurred due to misdirected, returned, or reshipped wines.
- Changes or package delay requests must be given at least one week prior to shipment.
Notifications & Communication
- Mettler Family Vineyards’ main form of communication with members is through email. We do not sell, lease, or rent customer information.
- It is the member’s responsibility to notify us of any changes to account information.
- Notification of shipments will be sent at least one week prior to charging the card on file.